|If it ain't on here - |
it ain't happening!
- Laughter, loads of it, specifically of the 'tears streaming down face' variety
- That our son and daughter continue to thoroughly enjoy pre-school and school and that they have lots of opportunities to be silly, funny, and carefree
- That friends and family who have had bad health in 2012, have better health, or at least some respite from all the prodding, poking, and pills
- That I've got my sums and savings right, and don't wind up with a massive tax 'surprise'
- That we have enough money to enjoy ourselves
- That we make the time to see more of the friends that make us feel happy, positive, and energised
- That I come across a song that makes my hair stand on end. A good example would be 'Welcome to the Jungle'. It seems to set off some kind of primordial response in me. Doesn't matter where I am - it's guaranteed to make me stop and empty my mind of everything except the sound of Slash's guitar riff. I feel like I should climb up onto a rock and howl at the moon. Spooky.
- That I don't miss a massive hair growing in the middle of my face. Like I did this year. Sorry to mention such unseemly things but it was a uniquely alarming moment - how did I not see it growing? After consulting with friends we are agreed it is something that really kicks in once you've passed thirty-five. Much closer attention will be being paid in 2013.
- That on balance, we'll be able to look back and say 'it was a good year'.
So that's it, there's my list. How about yours? What cha want?
Soundtrack: So What Cha Want by Beastie Boys