Thursday 26 February 2015

You Should Be Dancing

In a bid to stop my bottom pooling (see my last post for more on that), I make time to exercise. Usually it's running but I've been searching for some variety and given I live miles from a gym, and my bike was purchased 16 years ago and is heavier than the shed it is stored in, I was at a bit of a loss. Until something happened in my household ten years after the rest of the Western world:

We bought a Wii


I'm not sure why it took quite so long - we had one of the first Xbox's which was a mixed blessing: on the plus side it was free because Microsoft was feeling generous (result!) but the downside was I had to endure hour upon hour of Mr K playing Final Fantasy to the point where I can still recall the music from the fight sequences...

Oh yes, now I remember why it took so long; we moved house, and then I got pregnant by which point I was not hormonally in the mood for video games that went on for five hours. It didn't even get unpacked.

The Victorian Years


For those of you that are on here regularly, you'll know I'm a bit 'Victorian' when it comes to letting tech within three feet of my children (and Mr K and I are still resolved that they won't get their own tech until they're ooh at least twenty five - haha!) but we have acquiesced with a console that has a reputation as being family friendly and encouraging activity. And oh what a successful eBay purchase it was!

Game on


Not only was it a great purchase for all of the high energy, wrist-wrenching sports games included, but also because it came with Just Dance 3. During a six song dance-off with my daughter I discovered a new way to workout that fulfilled my need for something that was nearby, high-energy and good fun.

House of a thousand dances


With songs that range from 80's classics (A-ha's 'Take On Me') to the frankly bizarre (Sentai Express' 'Spectronizer' which I think is a tribute to Power Rangers) I've already clocked up some impressively average scores with my impressively terrible dancing which reached new heights as I attempted to jig along to Wilson Pickett's 'Land of a Thousand Dances'. I danced, I sweated, I had fun and my body ached like billy-o the next day.

So if, like me, you work from home or if you just fancy a new way to work out - don't bother with the bike and resist that run - get your dance face on and do the mashed potato in your living room instead.




 
 
Like this?  Buy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment